Did you like the book The Things They Carried?

Friday, June 11, 2010

Characterization and indirect Characterization

I'm so excited I just found the perfect literary term for the first chapter of this book! As I explained in my previos post the author desplays Jake barnes (the main character) in an intersting way. Not only does he use characterization by gradualy describing how Jake responds to specific situations, he also reveals Jake's character by having Jake describe Robert Cohn thus indirect charaterization!! This was a pretty creative way to show Jake Barne's personna in a more realistic way. People have different sides to their personality such as how they respond physically, what they say and how they view others. I really think the author was able to touch on each of these personality traits right away by presenting the story in this mannor.

1 comment:

  1. make sure you're doing the basics (checking your spelling, puncuation, grammar, etc.)

    ReplyDelete