Did you like the book The Things They Carried?

Monday, August 9, 2010

Sweetheart of the Song Tra Bong

"It was as if she had come up on the edge of something, as if she were caught in that no-man"s-land between Cleveland Heights and deep jungle. Seventeen years old. Just a child, blond and innocent, but then weren't they all?" (page 100second paragraph)This was one of my favorite chapters. I really wonder if this story has any truth to it, like if a girl really did fly over and stay in the army camp for a period of time and what truly happened. I also thought it was interesting that this girl was about the same age as me. She must have had alot of guts to travel over seas to a country were people were being killed brutally. and the same goes for all the Young men that were forced to go over seas. as the quote above says weren't they all Young and innocent and they have that innocents brutally taken when they kill and make war etc. I'm not sure if I could do something like that. This book is about the closest I ever want to get to war.

1 comment: