Did you like the book The Things They Carried?

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bright Star by: John Keats

I found this poem to be mediocar. I'll begin with the positive. I found this poem easy to relate to. If you have ever been in love it is easy to get carried away in the happiness of it all. You want it to be steadfast and to never end. This is the qualities the author wants to have in his love. However, the heartbreak is almost unbearable. If it were possible to just disapear at the moment love is the very best and never have to deal with the falling out, love would be perfect. I have never thought of this idea before but it really sounds appealing. On a more negative note, I was not really relating to the star comparison. The author begins saying how he wants to be like the star because it is steadfast and patient but he doesn't want to be like it because the star is always alone. I can see how this works but there are so many better comparisions that could have been used to symbolize the love this author has and the anxiety that goes along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment