Did you like the book The Things They Carried?

Thursday, July 1, 2010

I HATE BRETT

You know a book is pretty good if you can be angry at the characters. But I don't see how some one couldn't be angry at Brett. Not only does she know that Jake loves her and she sleeps with his friends but she also asks him to set her up with the bull-fighter boy. She is emotionally dependant on Jake telling him how upset she is and turning to him for help, yet she knows that he is also emotionally troubled because he loves her and she says she loves him. Brett can't give up sex to be with the man she loves and she teases him constantly making his life miserable. there is just something wrong with that.

2 comments:

  1. I agree!! I think it is just ridiculous that Brett does not want to be with Jake just because of sex. That just makes me so mad because he is the only guy she has kept a relationship throughout the entire story. I feel bad for Jake because he is stuck loving someone who will never commit to him.

    ReplyDelete