Did you like the book The Things They Carried?

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

THEND

As I began reading this novel, I was a little worried because I had been told that the ending was not well written and was disapointing. However, I found the ending to leave the reading feeling like the story wasn't really over but it was hopeful. I think this make the story seem more realistic. In reality, problems are never totally resolved but we hope that in the end it will be more positive with a brighter future. I especially found it interesting that Amir has humbled himself from the boy we betrays his servant to the man who servs the servants son in America. I think this was a good use of irony that demonstrates how Amir was redeeming himself and his father for their betrayal. The ending was stylized in a way that left the reader wondering what would happen next and kept them thinking about it for days. It also reflected on the major themes.

No comments:

Post a Comment